Do you know what is NPS? When you use/ consume any product or service from any company, if you feel good and fulfill your needs, you may recommend it to your friends and family.
The product maker or the company uses a measurement system to evaluate the customer experience, customer loyalty, and customer satisfaction.
This measurement is based on scores. Hence it is called Net Promoter Score (NPS).
What’s in this article?
- What is the Net Promoter Score (NPS)?
- How to Calculate NPS?
- Why NPS Matters?
- How to Take NPS Data?
- When to Survey?
- Who to Survey?
- Where to Survey?
- Why is NPS Important?
- How to Increase your Response Rate?
What is the Net Promoter Score?
FRED Reichheld developed net Promoter score at Payne & co. in 2003.
Net Promoter Score (NPS) is a natural, reliable, and customer-centric tool for the company’s management to measure customer loyalty and satisfaction with their products or services.
NPS used by a small medium and large company to assess their customers
It is an essential metric for growth-driven technology businesses.
You can measure it by one simple question to t”e customer;
“How likely are you to suggest the company’s our company’s products or services to your friends/colleagues/family?”
How to Calculate NPS?
- For NPS calculation you need to ask your customer through a survey on how likely you would recommend our products or services to your friends and family on a scale of 0 to 10,
- Categorize all responses according to their scores :
- Detractor, if customers gave you scores between 0 to 6.
- Passives, if customers gave you ratings between 7 to 8.
- Promoters, if customers gave you scores between 9 to10.
Now subtract the percentage of detectors responses from the percentage of promoter responses to determine your NPS that maybe range from – 100 to 100.
Promoters: Promoters are loyal and well-wisher customers.
Leveraging Promoters (9-10)
- Referral program
- Ask them to leave reviews
- Social sharing
- Send them swag
Nature of a Promoter (9-10)
- Defenders/advocates of your brand
- Loyal and Enthusiastic
- Always refer you to others.
- Renew, Expand, and promote your product.
Passives are Satisfied with your Products but not like Promoters
Nature of a Passives (7-8)
- Satisfied with your product but not enough like a promoter.
- Not loyal too much.
- If your competitor gives them a better deal, they may switch.
- They are Price sensitive.
Detractors are unsatisfied with your services, centers who won’t buy from you again, and may even intimidate others from buying from you
Nature of a Detractor (0-6)
- They Speak louder than your promoters.
- They might share negative experiences.
- Hicustomer’sof customer’s switch
- You could not build loyalty or a long-lasting relationship with them till yet
- They are dissatisfied with your product.
Why NPS Matters?
- It helps to Identify the market position and ideal customers
- It helps to increase sales and revenue Dramatically
- Helps to gain Key messages
- Helps to prepare for objections
- Consistent referrals and references
- NPS helps to create Customer stories and personal Interactions
- Trends and themes to inform product development
- It gives motivation for prospects tell lead scoring
- NPS Reduces the volume of future support needed
How to Take NPS Data?
This data you need to take from the customer feedback or survey form.
This survey form for feedback needs to be filled by your customer.
Request your customer that they give their honest review or feedback to the survey form
When to Survey?
Establish a regular Don’ty cycle
Don’t survey too frequently
Align your transactional survey with essential points in the customer journey
Avoid batch of customers
Coordinate with other teams to have a comprehensive survey plan
Who to Survey?
- All contacts, including customers, policymakers, and key sDon’tolders.
- Don’t avoid surveying unhapDon’tstomers
- Don’t survey too early
- Be sure yodon’tocesses don’t allow for gaminDon’t system
- Don’t incentivize
Where to Survey?
Higher response rate
More relevant feedback
More tresemailsg than emails
It only works for certEmailents.
Less likely to be based on a particular transaction or workflow
Lower response rates, resulting in less accurate results.
Examples of Some NPS survey Question
You may ask some questions in the NPS survey form like
- .On a scale of 0-10, how likely are you to recommend our products/services to your friends?
- What is the primary reason for your score?
- How can I improve your experience?
- Which product/ service features do you like?
- What was disappointing in your experience with us?
Why is NPS Important?
It helps to measure the loyalty of your customer
Also helps to improve your services
Customer’s recommendations and referrals also improve.
It improves customer’s experience
It can find Detractors so that we can reach them and improve the loopholes.
How to Increase your Response Rate?
- Send your survey from a human
- Set expectations in the subject line
- Make your call to action clear
- Ask no more than 2-3 questions
- Send a survey reminder
- Follow up with everyone who responds
- Send more than one survey per year and be consistent.
Measurement of NPS is essential for every business so that they can improve and give better customer experience to their customer.
The product maker or the company uses a measurement system to evaluate the customer experience, customer loyalty, and customer satisfaction. This measurement is based on scores. Hence it is called Net Promoter Score.
NPS helps to make happy customers.
Detractors are some unhappy customers who do not feel satisfied with your product and services.
NPS is a measurement system. It helps to improve customer’s experience.
Customer ‘ses customer’s recommendations and referrals.
More tresemailsg than emails
Only works for specific segments