Do you know the king of Cosmetic Industry?
Its’ Estee Lauder who is leading international manufacturer and marketer of Skin care and beauty products. Who generates $15.2 Billion revenue annually.
The company is working in more than 150 countries and territories with more than 48000 employees. Company has been founded by Esteen lauder who is most influenced lady of the United States. This is the only company who solely focused on Beauty products.
The Company has never raised any funding only launched it IPO to become a private company. Company has a diversified portfolio of more than 25 prestige brands.
So let’s read the Case Study of Amazing company,and learn how its started and become the #1 in cosmetic Industry.
1. About Estee LauderEstee Lauder company is a leading international company of marketing and manufacturing of beauty Products. The Company was founded in 1946 by estee lauder and Joseph Lauder in New York City. The company officially incorporated in Dec 9,1976. Now the company offers a wide range of beauty products including skincare and hair products. The company has a diversified portfolio of more than 25+ prestige which includes AVEDA, BECCA, DKNY, GlamGlow etc.Estee Lauder is working in 150+ countries and territories with more than 48000+ employees. The Net sales of company till now is $14.82 Billion. Its skincare products fulfill many needs of skin likes moisturizers, serums, cleansers, toners, body care etc.
2. How Estee Lauder StartedEstee lauder company is founded by Estee lauder and her husband Joseph lauder in New York. In 1946, they began producing cosmetic products. In the beginning they divide their responsibilities according to their skills and manage the different works of their ventures. They are continuously working to expand their business. In 1960, they launched their first international store in london. They launched their two brands who becomes the most successful brands in Cosmetic history named Aramis and Clinique. In 1968, Esteem launder becomes 10 of outstanding women in business by business and financial editor which leads the company to more success in the future. Company continuously launching new products to expand their business. Later these products becomes successful one after one. In the period of 1980, Estee lauder recognised as most influenced lady in beauty business In November, 1995 companies launch Its IPO went public. Later in 2000, the leadership of Estee lauder Companies is transitions to William Lauder. The company continuously launching new brands and hit the net sale of $10 Billion in 2012 for the first time.
3. Business Model of Estee lauderThe Business model of Estee Lauder is very simple.It is a manufacturing company who produces many cosmetic, health care, personal care and hair care products. They sell their products to another distributor like as a wholesaler. Company also has its own stores in which they sell their products which means they sell directly to their customers. They also sell their products through their Ecommerce stores. Thus the company generates its revenue by selling their products. Their profit is the difference between the cost of product development and selling price of their products.
4. Management Team of Estee LauderEstee Lauder company founded by Estee lauder and her husband Joseph Lauder. Estee Lauder is an american beautician and businessman who run these successful company. She is most influence lady in America and top 10 outstanding business woman. Let’s read the another team member of Esteen Lauder.
|President & SEO||Fabrizio Freda|
|Chief Technology Officer||Rhonda Vetree|
|Board Member||William P. Lauder|
|Board Member||Barry Strenlicht|
|Categories||Consumer Goods, Cosmetics, Fashion, Health Care|
|Headquarter||Greater New York Area, East Coast, Northeastern US|
|No. of Employees||10001+|
|Company Type||For Profit|
7. SWOT Analysis
SWOT Anyalsis is a type oof anyalsis which is use to measure the straneght weakness optturnities and threats of a bussiness. The SWOT Anyalsis of Etsee Lauder is following
- Estee Lauder has a team of well qualified professionals
- Company has a beautiful user friendly website
- Company has a strong distribution Channel
- Company has a strong financial position from beginning
- Company has large asset base which provides the company stability
- Company spend more than industry on R&D. Thuso, other companies have competitive advantage of their Unique products.
- A lot of Outlets of company is rented which increase the expanses of company
- Company have high employee turnover ratio as compared to industry
- Company spend less for quality control
- Company has lack of legal department
- THe company has any opportunity to build a great presence on the internet
- There is a rapid growth in the change of sales in Ecommerce Industry. Which also increase the sales of company.
- Social Media is a great way to market any business. Estee Lauder use social media very best to market its business
- Technology development reduced their cost of Production.
- There a lot of competition in the cosmetic industry.
- Constant technology development leads to educate the employees which increase the cost.
- Regulation is increasing day by day of using chemicals because their are a lot of chemicals in cosmetic products
Company launches its IPO on 16 November, 1995 with a share price of $26.50 per day on New York Stock Exchange.Its share now trending for
$218.49 who is highest. Estee lauder raise more than $450 million from its IPO.
Company invested a lead investment in DECIEM for non disclosed amount on Jun 15,2017 .
DECIEM is canada based manufacturer of beauty products. DECIEM develops a skin care treatment products like cleaning conditioners, hair growth serums and body anti aging products.
10. AcquisitionThe company has acquired 8 companies. Their most recent acquisition is Have & BE Co ltd for $1.7 B. So far they acquired many famous companies like Too Faced Cosmetics, BECCA, le lebo and Smashbox cosmetics etc.
|Have & Be Co Ltd||Nov 24,2019||$1.7 B|
|Too Faced Cosmetics||No 14,2016||$1.5 B|
|Le Labo||Oct 15,2014||–|
|Smashbox Cosmetics||May 17,2010||–|
|Laboratoires Darphin Sas||Apr 30,2003||–|
11. Competitor of Estee LauderLike all other competitors, there are also a lot of competition in cosmetic Industry. Estee Lauder majorly competed with Coty, Avon Products and Beiersdorf. Coty is also and manufacturer and marketer of cosmetic products who is majorly competing with Estee lauder. Avon products is another competitor of Estee Lauder who also manufactures and markets beauty products. Beiersdorf is another company who manufacture and market personal care products.
Do you want to start a Restaurant Business?...
What is Why is it considered as one of the best...
Do you want to Start GYM Business? By 2025, the...
Forecasting and demand measurement (in terms of...
Competitive Strategies are a part of marketing...
Boost Your Product/Services to be sold with...
क्या आप अपने बिज़नेस को एक बड़ा ब्रांड बनाना चाहते...
What is the meaning of the term " Consumer...
क्या आपने SWOT Anyalsis के बारे सुना है? स्वॉट...
Customer Value is a primary part of marketing....
What do you mean by Database Marketing? Do you...
Have you ever wondered of the term "SWOT...
- Readers Rating
- No Rating Yet!
- Your Rating